LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     02 May 2008

Court Marriage

My Cousing Got engaged on Wednesday and He want to get married on Tuesday

Morning and in Night he has to fly to USA, what is the procedure for Court Marriage,

do we get the Marriage certificate on same day or else the boy will fly
to USA, dow e get marriage certificate in his absence or his signatures
is required to collect marriage certificate

This is in Mumbai


 6 Replies

shiva shanker (Legal Officer)     03 May 2008

Dear Bharath, as per your querry i want to inform you that, as you said Court marriage, ther is no such court marriages in our Country but we call them as Register Marriage. in our Indian laws there is no provision of getting marriage certificate on the same day for (fresh marriages). I mean, if you are already married then you can apply for marriage certificate and can obtain the same on the same day. In cases of emergencies, I can advice you that, first you ask your cousin to get married at any Temple and after that they can apply for a certificate which can be obtained on the same day. you can contact me for further clarifications on 9848476970.

Kanhaiya Singh (Advocate)     03 May 2008

If ur cousin is a hindu and wants to marry a hindu girl,get the marriage solemnised by a priest anywhere at Mumbai.Then,get the said marriage registered under the Bombay Marriage Act.It is possible that you may get the marriage certificate within a few days even in absence of ur cousin.Under the Special Marriage Act,for registration of a marriage,thirty days prior notice is mandatory.

Rahul R. Samant (Advocate)     03 May 2008

Mr. Bharat.
We dont have any concept of court marriqge. So first remove that concept. From your name it is revealed that you are hindu and hence your cousin may also govern by hindu law.

If that is the position, Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 recognises about two types of solemnization of marriage. 1) Registere Marriage 2) Marriage solemnized by folllowing rituals.

In registered marriage your cousine and his would be wife have to appear before the regisrar of marriage after giving 30 days notice. If there is no objection from anybody, the Marriage registrar will register his marriage and will give him certificate.

Or your cousine may solmnized marriage by following your existing rituals and then appear before registrar of marriage for marriage registration.

These are the only procedures available. so dont be hurry. The quicker method for your cousine is to marry by following rituals and then registration. But you will not get the certificate on the same day as the office of marriage registrar is overburden.

I think your querry is solved.

J K Agrawal (Advocates)     04 May 2008

Marriage among Hindus or Muslims requires only a few minits. Only seven steps required before a secred fire. You Can Marry in Arya Samaji System. It takes Two hours and a marriage certificate is also given by them. Intercaste marraiage is possible by this system. This type of marriage is valid one.

Court marriage is a long process. You are to file joint application for intention of marriage. The court will call objections and will give at least Two months time then the court will issue certificate.

Some advocate provides a marriage agreement attested by a notery or may be by a Magistrate is not valid in the eyes of law and is totally useless paper creats no relationship.
J K Agrawal Advocate Jaipur 9414054426

Guest (n/a)     04 May 2008

Are the Schdule Caste a GOD of India. Dear Sir/Madam, My name is Sharad Panwar, I lives with my parents in a small village of Punjab named Kharar. My father is retired from Postal Department, mother is still working as an officer in a bank and I worked as an insurance advisor but currently doing marketing & repairs of computers. Since you very well knows that Love is a great gift of God which every human do atleast once in a life. Same was something which happened with me. I fall in love with a girl named ‘Archana’ who lives in Agra. Archana belongs to a schedule caste family & leather business is their family’s profession. Her father named Amar Singh was also retired from the same bank (but different branch) in which my mother still works. Our parents knows that we loves each other but Archana’s parents were strictly against our marriage because they wanted Archana to marry to in a very rich family so that their family’s financial problem could be solved. But Archana loved me so on 27 June 2007, we did temple marriage & took the Police Protection from PUNJAB STATE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION, Sec 34, Chandigarh. Everything was going fine after that but after few days Archana’s parents approached my parents & they compromised and demanded for arrange marriage. So I allowed Archana to meet her parents and also allowed her to go back to Agra on 15 July 2007. But when she went to Agra, her parents refused to send her back. So on 22 July 2007 we went to Agra, her parents offered me a cup of tea & its taste was very suspicious but still I had half of it & took Archana back to my home. After that they started giving threatening calls to my parents & fake lies about us to Archana. After two or three days I got stones in my kidney & I suffered from severe pain of kidney stones. When Archana’s parents came to know about my illness, they took the advantage of my illness. Her father came to meet her & I don’t know what he said to Archana that she ran with her father (On 20 Aug 2007), At that time I was taking rest in my room. When she went back home, her brother warned me that not to contact Archana anymore. Archana’s father warned my parents that if we file any court case against them then they will file a fake case of DOWRY against us. Also he said that the court give preference to the schedule caste & always takes the side of girl. So HEADS is also theirs & TAILS too. And this is the reason that we have to sit quite till now. Archana is my wife & I want to live with her but now Archana’s father is searching a suitable match for her. Please help me. please reply me at:

Guest (n/a)     07 May 2008

dear your brother have to stay for one day here because his marriage is to be registered before sub-registrar where a performa of registration and a joint afidavit of your brother and her wife and their marriage's 2 passport size photograph and their birth certificate to be attached with that application . so he should have to stay at least for one day . u have to contact with your advocate who will manage it and prepare all the things required which i have sked you before the marriageexcept photographs of marriage and than apply it .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register