LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SNEH SHREE   23 September 2022

Court has right to issue account freeze order against accused or not in fraud and cheque bounce case

I want to know one thing court has power or not to issue account freeze order against the accused in fraud and cheque bounce case when i approach police to kindly freeze the account of accused then police told that kindly approach court if court give me order then i freeze the account of accused is court pass these kind  of order in these type of case.  

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 September 2022

It depends upon facts and circumstance of the case vis-a-vis relief sought from the Court, which is missing from the facts posted by you.

SNEH SHREE   23 September 2022

The fact is that Accused offer me property after taking 90% of the amount he sold the property to someone else and that i approach him and told why you do this then he realise his mistake and given cheque of that amount and given cheque dishonor and he abscond now situation is that non bailable warrant issue by Honourable court and he continously change his location again and again and police unable to arrest him.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 September 2022

Freezing is not under perview of courts. But courts can punish the accused. A cheque bounce is an offence under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (“Act”) punishable with a fine which can extend to twice the amount of the cheque or imprisonment for a term not more than two years or both.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register