Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhhi   05 May 2023

Court fee for partition of property and shares?

Due to callous attitude of other 2 Administrators Appointed by High Court I m stuck as they are not complying with the terms of LoA due to ulterior motives.

My share as a legal heir in the flats, offices and shares of listed cos comes to around 3 Crore.

I have no option but to go for partition. Is it possible and what will be court fee? TIA


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2023

You have not mentioned that in which state of India is the proposed partition suit is to be filed, because the court fee and suit valuation differs from one state to another across the country.

For example, the court fees for partition suits in Karnataka is fixed at Rs. 200 based on Section 35(2) of the Karnataka Court Fees and Suits Valuation Act of 1958 whereas the same suit costs Rs 500 in New Delhi.

the court fee, which varies as per the case and from one State to another. You can determine the court fee with the help of a legal advisor.



Sidhhi   05 May 2023

Sir, For Mumbai- Maharashtra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register