Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate) 09 March 2011
Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate) 09 March 2011
Thanks Sir for the nice information, not only for the students but for lawyers also.
pratik (self working) 09 March 2011
Good , Execellant , Thanks A Million Sirji
So Pls sir also tell me the meaning of P.W.1 or P.W.2 & so on in case they refer special in civil cases .
God Bless U
Keep It Up.
leena (student) 10 March 2011
How do you manage to keep sending such information and help everybody. Thanks a ton for this valuable information. this is gonna help the upcoming lawyers and you are the inspiration for us.
Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate) 11 March 2011
Right from my childhood, I firmly believe that it is not the quantum of knowledge or information you learn over the years, it is the ability in you to be self-less and share the maximum as to what little you know. Let us all help each other and develop a robust society to realize our Dr.Abdul Kalaam's dream of a developed India by 2020.
Bharath.T. (Criminial And Civil) 11 March 2011
P.W.1 - Prosecution Witness No.1
P.W.2 - Prosecution Witness No.2
They are the Witnesses of the Plaintiff, later will be crossed by the defendant's counsel.
pratik (self working) 11 March 2011
Thanks A Million Sirji
But Sir i have heard that we can't use the word prosecution in civil cases so as per the query & answer u have give is
P.W.1 - Prosecution Witness No.1
So can i call it as a Plantiff Witness No. 1 . & In opposite side of defedant D.W. No.1 Is it write or wrong .
Also what is the criminal cases witness is called in public prosecutor witness & other side also. PLS what name are been given to them ?
Also is there any case law which says that u cant use the word prosecution in civil cases or any rule.
Also is there any case law which says that u cant use the word public prosecutor in civil cases or any rule.
Becasuse totally confused between public prosecutor & prosecutor ? Which is used were.
Thanks In Advance.
God Bless U .
Bharath.T. (Criminial And Civil) 12 March 2011
1) You may call it Plaintiff's Witness that will be more suitable. Defendant's witness is right.
2) They are called as Prosecution witness, because a public prosecutor is a lawyer appointed by government to prosecute criminals, PP represents The State.
3) As far as case-laws are concerned, i don't have one. You might get it from others.
4) There is no public prosecutor in civil cases, it is an disupute between individuals.
5) A Public Prosecutor is the same thing as a District Attorney. District Attorney is the term used in the U.S., and the term Public Prosecutor is used in India,Europe and Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and South Africa (maybe other places that I don't know about as well). A lawyer is an attorney, who may be a prosecutor, a defense attorney, a corporate or other type of non-litigation attorney. Lawyers may work in private practice, for a firm, OR for the government entities, such as the Public Prosecutor's / District Attorney's office.
Hope that helps.
Srikanth Nukala (Legal Officer) 14 March 2011
I was searching today in all law book shops, but could not get such info.
Thanks and Regards,
Arup (UNEMPLOYED) 17 March 2011
please tell what is letters patent or letters patent appeal.
i saw it in chattishgarh highcourt.
S.Sankarasubramanian (practcing advocate) 08 July 2011
Only through experience and deep concentration in work will enrich the legal knowledge than spending time in studying books.
NETHAJI.MBA.LLB. (student) 04 April 2012
i m a final year law student and i would like to ask if somebody can help me finding an internship in some legal firm/advocate. i dont need any stipend but i wil come there attend work 4days weekdays and all sundays every month...
and i m free and work for every day 6pm to 10pm ( dont need stipend)
preferred place- Chennai
waiting for your positive reply
Name : NETHAJI
Mobile : 9043639927
email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly help in this regard.