New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Counter petition

Respected experts,

I am fighting a marriage nullification case filed by my wife under the influence and bainwashing of her parents.I told everything to the judge clearly and the judge asked me to file counter petition.I have written all the things with the support of evidences.Please help me to complete the pettions.

Can any body post the first page format ?

Here should i write my name as petitioner?

please give me some hints.

Please help me by posting the format of fron page and hints to be followed


 5 Replies

Self service (None)     28 March 2012

Don't go with emotions. Why you want to file counter? You have are taking double responsibility 1. you have to prove her claims false and 2. you have to proove you are correct.

If you don't want to live with her let her go and do not go for counter. Better consult a lawyer...

Mohankumar (engineer)     28 March 2012

@ self service

plz don't tell anybody in this forum that "dont go with emotions", " dont take immediate action" etc. as anybody posting in this forum is out of emotion only. because married life is full of emotions . there is a famous saying that " stomach pain and head ache can be felt by individual only" no body can explain it and make other person to feel about it.

now coming to the issue. after a person files a case (let it be divorce case) in how many days one can file a counter. is it RULE?? that we cannot file counter for a divorce case when it is posted for counseling. experts please help. because in my case i applied for divorce and counselling (3 times) alone is dragged upto 2 years and now i changed my lawyer and my new lawyer says that your case is going to be opened now only as you have not filed couter for your wife's case and we have to make your wife to file counter for your divorce case.

i am confused plz help.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 March 2012

The query has been answered elsewhere.,


Written statement has to be on merits denying all allegations.





Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

Mohankumar (engineer)     02 April 2012

dear  shonee ji,

i dont understand your words, please explain.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 April 2012

When you file your reply/ counter-petition. 


It has to be on merits of your case. In the same, you should deny all her allegations.





Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register