LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SE)     24 September 2013

Counter cases against 498

Hi, i am facing 498 from last 6 year and divorce from last 2.5 year. court process is time consuming process. even i tried alot to do out of court settlement offed a handsome amount but they are adment not ready to give divorce.saying they are ready to send back. but i am not ready to take her back. what should i do .can i do some counter case against them so that that people also face some difficulty


 4 Replies

rajendra (na)     24 September 2013

What is the stage of 498A case?do u got the result?

what is the status of DVC or MC case?/

Divorce on which ground u have filed?

Mostly if she gives wrong statement(lieing under her oath) u can file perjury case and if u win 498A case u can file defamation.

for more refernece please visit the below site

(refer counter cases post)

Experts can comment on this...


at what stage your 498a and divorce?

During these 6 years what's your lawyer was doing?

Your opposite lawyer is just draging the case..

It's wonder if she had not filed any maintenance cases till date..

Come up with full query..!!

Rajesh (SE)     24 September 2013

My 498 A is on evidence stage still 7-8 evidence are pending.some times court give the date some time the opposite lawyer took date.

i am paying maintenance for children .she is earning.i have 1 boy kid 6 year old.and she has filed Section 9 in nov 2007 and in jan 2011 that was dismised by court. thats the story

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     24 September 2013

if there is any threat from your wife or in-laws regarding money or property then you can file a criminal case u/s 383/384 of IPC for extortion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register