LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     30 July 2012

Counselling in divorce case

I had given Triple Talaq to my wife after she threatened me and my family with 498A. She has challenged the Triple Talaq in family court and the Hon'ble judge has sent us for counselling. The next date is 31/7/12 i.e. tomorrow. Unfortunately due to a very important meeting in my office I cannot make it for tomorrow's date. Please advise me as to how I can take the next date without going to the court. Can my advocate go and take the next date. 

Are there any adverse consequences I don't attend the counselling tomorrow.

Thanks & Regards,

Anis

Learning

2 Replies

Never Give Up (Fighter)     30 July 2012

Are you in the same city where family court is ?? Send any of your family member / friend / advocate and ask counsellor for next date as you would be busy. If required ask your family member to give you call from there and talk over phone with counsellor.

Counsellor will give you next date. It shouldnt be big issue.

Not associating with counselling means you are not interested in mediation and case would go on a merit base. No adverse effect.

1 Like

Pooja Khare (Lawyer)     30 July 2012

To

Anis,

You may take next date  through your Advocate as there is no harm if you are really busy or unable to attend the matter. But try to take a convienent date by letting your advocate know about suitable date. But next time do not miss the date as frequent exemptions may not be granted.

Regards,

Adv. Pooja Khare.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register