Dear Expert

We are four siblings and have an ancestral house where i am residing as i have no owned house like others.  But 2 of my brothers are having an objection for using the house address for corresponding with any authorities.  They say that they are co owners and i connot use the address as i am a part owner only.   How can i communicate without address of residence.

Are they right in this.  Please give your expert advice.


Thank you


They have no standing to take such objection. The word address itself denotes the particulars of the place where the person lives or works. Being the joint property, you are entitled to reside and that alone could be your address.

Total likes : 1 times


Retired employee.

What is the address you have given to authorities like Income tax, GST for disclosing your business, you are under obligation to give a same address to everyone?   Even a tenant can provide the address of his office to outsiders and there is no such thing that he should be the exclusive owner or that a co-owner can not provide such an address.  You are legally entitled to use the address, let your brothers contact any advocate of their choice and let them take their opinion in writing,


Dear Experts,

Thank you very much for yiur advices.

Really appreciated.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x