LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kawaljit Singh (Corporate Trainer)     09 September 2009

Corrections to Birth Certificate

Hello all,

Greetings. I need a help and would be grateful for any answers. My daughter was born in a hospital in Mumbai in 1987 and birth certificate was issued by BMC in 1989. The certificate contained multiple errors including spelling mistake in child's/father's name and house number. I did not pay much attention to these errors as her passport/10th certificate are both correct.

Now I need to get the errors corrected for immigration purposes. I now live in Delhi.

Please reply as to the procedure for getting the corrections made and whether it can be done in Delhi.


Kawaljit Singh




 2 Replies


submit an affidavit in BMC along with xerox copies of 10nth class memo and passport for correction of spellings in name in date of birth certificate. You can not apply in Delhi.

1 Like

abhijit (legal )     11 September 2009

Sec 30 (2) (l) read with sec 15 of central act (Registartion of Births and Deaths Act, 1969),  confers power to state government to make rules for corrections of entries relating to births and deaths.

Thus, you may refer to 'The Maharashtra Registartion of Birtha and Death Rules, 1989' for your query.  I dont have the copy of these rules with me right now. But the detailed and exact procedure is given therein.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register