New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

matthew (finance)     01 July 2011

Correction of name in SSC Certificate

My name is mispelled wrong in ssc certificate and my intial and last name was not added in the certificate...I passed out in 2005 but went to school on 25th june, 2011 and I have approached  the school...kindly the school helped me....the school also gave me a letter(an application) to submit in ssc board for correction of my name...but the ssc board seems to not accept it....... bcoz they give 1 year time to the pupil for correction in memorandum.....its been 6 years for me....and I have exceeded that time.........kindly give me any suggestion that how can I correct the name the other way...I have proofs of my correct name..where should I approach? Is there any hope?


 7 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 July 2011

The board cannot ecscape responsibility for the mistake as it had crept in at the boards'level,it seems.The best way to get over this problem is submit a RTI petition to confirm whether the name as spelt in the school certificate had been entered at the boards reords or not.They will automatically comply with your request.

matthew (finance)     02 July 2011

If I approach through High Court....Will they correct my name? can the court force them to correct my name?

Neha fathima (commerce)     15 August 2011

My name is Mispelled wrong in S.S.C certificate and I dony have any INITIAL  for my name but they gave me an INITIAL in my S.S.C certificate. I passed out my S.S.C in 2010. The school H.M gave me the letter(an application) to subit in S.S.C Board for correction of my name....., They gave 1year time to the pupil for correction in MEMORANDUM. It's been 1year for me......., and I have exceeded that time....., kindly give me the suggestion that how can i correct the name in otherway. I have proofs of my correct name on my birth certificate where should i approach? Is there any hope?

matthew (finance)     26 September 2011

Hello sir, mr Isaac Gabriel...sir i need suggestion on how to apply for name correction in ssc certificate.

matthew (finance)     12 April 2012

Hello to everyone,

                             I thank God for being with me all would not have been possible without the grace of God....My name has finally been corrected in ssc records...and I owe this to my faith in God, parents,  and my never dying spirit..and not giving up..I tried tried and after so much of hardwork and contribution, i finally achieved my purpose..Praise the Lord...Halleluiah!!!

bharat (student)     05 September 2013

hello sir. my name is  M.ACHARYA BHARADWAJ.   I WAS  BORN ON 11/10/1992.   BUT   DUE TO MY MISTAKE  or DUE TO OVER WRITING  I GOT  THE DOB AS  11/10/1991.  IN 2008 MARCH  I  ATTENDED MY EXAMS,  IN MAY   RESULTS  MIGHT BE RELEASED,  IN JUNE ENDING  OR  JULY STARTING  CERTIFICATES  WERE GIVEN. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, MY FATHER  EXPIRED  ON JULY 30TH OF 2008. WE WERE  IN A  SADNESS  FOR A MONTH   that i forgot about the DOB CORRECTION.    SO  AFTER THAT, WHEN I REALISED i  ASKED  MY RELATIVES  , they said  just for 1 year its ok, its not a problem  as  u r not going to apply for any government job.  but  to my fate, I HAVE DONE 5 YEARS OF NCC  AND HAVE MORE CHANCES OF GETTING JOB IN GOVERNMENT SECTOR, THAT TOO  IN  "DEFENCE" .  now i have applied  for INDIAN AIRFORCE for PILOT  branch. i have only 1 attempt   with this wrong  DOB. if i can  get the DOB changed  , i can make 2 more attempts in an year.  this is a serious problem for me now ,sir.   due to this  DOB  in tenth  :   the  aadhar card, voter card, driving license, pan card  , bank accounts  etc   every thing  were  entered  as  11/10/1991. i didnt  apply for  a  DATE OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE   till now, now what could  be the consequences  sir ?

                   if i get  my  DOB  CORRECTED IN TENTH, WILL MY BANK ACCOUNTS  CREATE ANY PROBLEM   due to this change ? and any other problem ? 

mahesh (student)     27 May 2014 per my birth certificate and passport my name is yadava mahesh.but in my ssc result,hsc result and my degree result my name is yadav mahesh.what is procedure to change my name in my all result or is der any other way to correct my name..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register