Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aspirant   25 October 2021

Correction of facts in obc-ncl

Respected Advocates,

I received my OBC-NCL certificate issued in 2019. At that time, both my parents crossed 60 years. My mother retired in 2018 as school teacher and father was self employed having no income at that point. Though my OBC and NCL status were genuine and valid then and now in 2021 also, the SDO office officials were including salary/pension in annual income. While we tried to convince them that salary income is not included in annual family income, they did not agree. In order to bypass that and get the OBC certificate quickly for an upcoming examination, my father without my knowledge (though I must take the blame as I have signature in the form) mentioned my mother as not working (in stead of showing 'retired') while submitting documents in 2019, and the officials issued NCL certificate. However, during recent renewal in 2021, I carefully submitted all the required documents for both parents (i.e. ITR, etc). But the new certificate bears the old certificate number. I need the certificate for an upcoming exam and I have not used benefits of OBC anywhere so far.

Is there any way I can fix this misrepresentation of facts? Shall I apply for a fresh OBC-NCL certificate or shall I apply for correction of the old one? If I accept my fault, will I be given a chance to rectify?

If the SDO office authority allow for correction or issue of fresh certificate, will there be problem in future regarding this, given the fact that I am a genuine beneficiary of the OBC-NCL?

Reagrds

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 October 2021

If your parents' income does not exceed Rs.8 lakhs, you can apply for correction of the cerificate.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 October 2021

In order to qualify as an OBC non-creamy layer candidate, the applicant's parents' annual income should be less than Rs. 8 lakhs. Salary and agricultural income are not to be considered as income for calculating annual income for creamy layer status.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 October 2021

Only the latest certificate is valid, as the certificate has to be obtained as per demands in the Notification.  The fresh certificate has to be issued only on the latest income and previous certificates are not valid once a fresh certificate is provided.  Forget about the past, and providing false information and obtaining such certificates may endanger you for criminal offenses and may spoil the prospects of your career.  Avoid all these back door methods, always focus on straight and direct means on MERIT.

Aspirant   03 November 2021

@kavksatyanarayana sir, when I apply for correction, will they file charges against me for giving wrong information earlier? Even though I was and am eligible for OBC NCL throughout and the correct information does not affect my status.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More