LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep (na)     11 April 2012

Correction in sale deed

A housing plot was registered in my friend and his wife's name. The plot number mentioned in the sale deed was same as in the previous owner's papers. Later it was discovered that plot numbers of entire housing coloney was changed sometime back at the time of approval by municiple authorities. Housing association president gave a letter regarding change of plot numbers and asked to get it rectified in sale deed at Registrar office. When he contacted Registrar office, they say that only one correction is possible with nominal fee, but as here 4 corrections are required (plot no. and three adjacent plot nos. to locate it), full registration fee will be charged which is a huge sum. Some one suggested to make gift deed to their son or doughter with neccessary changes. May the learned members suggest a way out.


 1 Replies

Hitesh Rughani (Proprietor)     11 April 2012

Gift deed or sale deed wil not help for chain of title. You have to registered rectification deed only. Hire local consultants for registration for fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register