Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pragadees   22 January 2021

Correction in legal heir certificate

Respected sir/mam, Recently my farther has expired and we are three members in my family at present (mother,me,sister). We have applied for legal heir certificate and received the certificate today. But the problem is that its printed that I'm "married" in the certificate, truth is that I'm not married. I just wanted to know what's the procedure to correct the issue. Thank you.

 1 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   25 January 2021

The name correction in the succession certificate issued by court can be rectified only by court passing the order.

Therefore, in order to get the changes done you need to file an I.A for rectification of the succession certificate in regard to correction of spelling mistake in the names of legal heirs u/s 152 of code of civil procedure. The Hon'ble court may be pleased to rectify the same and issue the correction succession certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query