LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema P   06 July 2022

Correction in index 2 of equitable mortgage

Equitable mortgage is created for a borrower. However mortagagee branch is named different. (Bank is same). How to do correction in this? 


 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 July 2022

Where did the mistake has taken place?  To my knowledge, it makes no difference and it is the Banker that can only guide in the matter.  The Banker takes a declaration from the borrower that EM was already created in the name of that Branch already and it should continue for lending at the proposed branch also.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 July 2022


It can be considered a mistake. However, you may register a rectification deed to correct the mistake in the mortgage deed. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register