LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Kumar   09 August 2015

Correction in 12th cbse certificates...

Please any one can tell me that how can i correct my 12th cbse certificates.

i have pass out in 12th in 2014 from cbse delhi.

there is correction in spelling of my mother's name that is margshree instead of margshri.

spelling is correct in 10th certificates... 

 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 August 2015

You should have inquired from your school admin office.

Apply thru School Principle. It shall be corrected by CBSE.

Obtain CBSE registration slip of both 10th and 10+2, from school from which you passed10th and also 10+2. Attach these and copy of DMC of 10th and 12th and Migration certificate etc showing names, with letter to Principle and obtain acknowledgment.

This happens in many cases and corrected certificates are sent by CBSE to respective school.


Atul Kumar   09 August 2015

I think sir according to the cbse order. I have to take court order for the correction of name...

please tell me what should i do...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 August 2015

Has CBSE passed an order? Have you received the order copy? If yes show it an able lawyer at your location.


The school gets the certificates/testimonials at the time of admission in school and relates with correct name of  father/mother/student and marks ‘OSV’ and gets forms filled by student before each board examination.

You may get these forms also from school and check if you made an error or school made an error?

It is not understood by court order is required?

The spellings in the name in 10th should be carried forward to 12th.

At the most the self attested copies of KYC docs of mother be attached e.g. Pan card/Aadhar Card/Voter Card/Passport etc……………….

ADVOCATE DIMPLE JINDAL (Advocate)     09 August 2015

no court orders are required. You should simply check the correction form for certificates at the CBSE web site or go in person in the office of board for the necessary desired correction. It is general mistakes done by the boards in hundred cases. Simply file a application for the correction in advisable form by the board. They can demand nominal fee for the correction, which you have to pay for the correction. Also do not forget to check that where the mistake was done. Is it your mistake while filling the admission form or it is just an clerical mistake by certificate issuing authorities. In the later case, correction is made easily. But if the mistake was done by your end, then you have to forward the matriculation for the necessary correction and this matriculation certificate is sufficient for this correction.

Atul Kumar   09 August 2015

Sir, This mistake done by me. I filled wrong spelling of my mother's name that is Margshree instead of Margshri.. please suggest me the best way to correct this please sir i request you please....


ADVOCATE DIMPLE JINDAL (Advocate)     10 August 2015

Open the web site Each and everything I explained here. Here the ruling is given that you can get the correction of name, fathers name and mothers name within one year of publication of result. You have to forward the application via your school along with your copies of your admission form, register and other documents showing your mothers correct name in your school. So, contact your school head and request him/her for the necessary changes.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query