LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tearer99@gmail.com (tearer99@gmail.com)     13 June 2011

Copyrighting/Patenting a script

I need to copy right a scriptt/story which i have written (marathi language) before I hand it over to the producers.

what is the basic procedure for getting it done

is owninig a writers associations card mandatory/necessary for the same or any one can copyright it?

what is the cost for this?

what is the difference between patenting and/or copywriting my story?

(I know there are firms which do it etc., and i will engage with them, but i myself personally want to know the procedure, if anyone can help me

Thanks alot sirs.

Learning

3 Replies

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     18 June 2011

Hi,

Patent and copyright are two different thing for different types of protection. In your case - you can get protection to your stories under Copyright Act. one can directly apply to Registry of Copyright without being member of any other organisation.

The procedure is not much complicated.  The cost of getting copyright is depends upon your work and requirement like how many stories you have in your story book, if you wish to get translated it in other language etc.

We have successfully got dozens of Copyright for our clients. We would like to help you in getting copyright for your story.

Regards,

Atul Suryavanshi

Attorney - IPR - Justa Causa Legal Associates, LLP

0-9923552956

ghanshyam hemdev (director)     24 June 2011

As was informed by Mr Atul you can do that and for further establishing your evidence which may help you in the future you can post a copy of the scriptt to yourself and hold the post without opening it so that it can be proved for the date of your scriptt having being writen by you before any one else.

Atul D Suryavanshi (Attorney - JC Law Firm)     24 June 2011

Dear members,

I am sorry but I did not understand, what mr. Ghanasham wanted to share. but one thing is for sure it will not e helping you at all. At the most what you can do is, you can apply for the Copyright protection as soon as you get the aknowledgement and receipt number, you get the priority. I differs from you Mr,. Ghanshyam but the aknowledgement is the conclusive proof and not any other sealed or unsealed envolop. 

Mr. tearer99 I suggest you to contact any IPR Attorney before taking any steps.

Regards,

Atul Suryavanshi

Attorney - IPR - Justa Causa Legal Associates, LLP

0-9923552956  E-mail - justacausa.lawfirm@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register