Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

uday shah (agent)     15 November 2010

Copyright and/or trade mark

hi

i would like to know can anyone register SRI YANTRA under copyright act or Trade Mark act ?

waiting for your valuable feedback.

uday shah

Learning

6 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     15 November 2010

Sir, let me know what is that SRI YANTRA ?? Is it a literary, or, artistic work? By which author ?

uday shah (agent)     15 November 2010

sri Yantra is religious yantra .I am posting link:

https://www.tantra-kundalini.com/sri-yantra.htm

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     16 November 2010

Sir, you acn apply for trade mark of this symbol/logo for your any goods/service provided by you. The this is available depends on whether anybody has already registered this mark for their goods/service.

You cannot apply for copyright as you are not the author of the same.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     16 November 2010

There are some qualities to be a good trade mark so that it does not get rejected from getting registered. The word or symbol has to be distinctive, invented, and non confusing. I dont know who invented this YANTRA design and whether it has been registered already. And also most general word/symbol is not a good trade mark. It is because the word /symbol is popularly used by many and you cannot go suing everyone as you have registered it.

1 Like

uday shah (agent)     16 November 2010

Thanks for our prompt reply

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 January 2012

Shri Yantra comes from anceient scripttures.

It is not creation of the applicant by his intellect. No No copy right.

If someone is created copy of Shriyantra on specific metal (as prescribed under scripttures) he is not creating any quality in the product as he is copying from scripttures. So No trade mark can be there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register