Upgrad LLM


Dear All,

Could any one please help me to solve this issue???


A trust owns a mothly magazine and thats copyright is owned by a member in the trust now the trust want to transfer the newspaper to someone else but the person in whose name it is registered is opposing it. What to do now ?? Please help me in this regard .


If the copyright is owned by solely by that member, then trust cannot compel him to let the magazine transferred which is under his copyright. It willl be deemed that the member holding the copyright had licenced the trust to use his copyright of magazine.



You need to check who the 'owner' of the magazine is - is it the member or the trust - based on your descriptttion it is not clear ... any transfer will happen only once you know the ownership of the property ... You can call me on 9823164284


Thank You Mr. Sandeep Naik and Mr. Sunil for ur valuable replies .... Sunil Sir if needed i ll call u back....


Dear Murugesh, the trust owns a monthly magazine and the copyright is owned by a member of the trust, therefore he is the owner of the copyright. If the member owing the copyright is opposing then you cannot transfer the magazine. The only way it can be transferred if the copyright owner assigns the copyright to the person the trust is interested to transfer.You may take the help of an expert to assist you with the whole matter.You can call me at 09555 507 507 or send me a mail at info@lawkonect.com




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x