Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjujoshi   10 December 2017

Conveyance deed or deed of assignment...which is correct?

Hello,

I have purchased a resale flat in Pune (Warje), i did "agreement to sale" of said flat with owner by paying all stamp duty  , in registration office in Pune. 

Later,  I asked my lawyer to do "sale deed / deed of assignment" as transcation is complete  , we did the same again in registration office , by paying 100/- INR , however "index 2" of said document states "conveyance Deed"  instead of "deed of assignmnet or sale deed". 

I asked my lawer , he said conveyance and sale  Deed , both are same no need to worry.

But i am not sure, please suggest.

For said Property housing loan was there from EX-owner, however he paid the same from my amount and produced NOC of his bank before this deed process. Also said flat is located in housing society (society is fomed).

Please suggest.

Learning

3 Replies

SRIKANTH MYLAVARAPU (SENIOR OFFICER (LEGAL))     10 December 2017

Convenience or sale deed are one and the same

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     10 December 2017

Conveyance deed and Sale deed are the same, however while transferring the rights in a CHS a deed of transfer is executed.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 December 2017

All transfer of property are Conveyance known as Conveyance Deed, but all Sale Deed Agreement are not transfer of property, at the most it may be only an agreement for sale.The Transfer  of property Act and the Registration  Act clearly demonstarte that Conveyance Deed is more appropriate than Sale Deed though the  two  expressions are generally used  as one.  and the same.The expressions Sale Deed is only academic term  of  drafting without conveyance and conveyance signify actual transfer known as conveyance Deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register