Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditi (d)     12 April 2011

Left me at my parents house !!

Hello,

I am married since past 8 years, after a month of my marriage i started my business, till 4 months back everything was going fine( i was giving them money), then my health problem started, on continuous attempt of requesting my husband and parents in law to take me to a doctor, was of no use .

When my husband and in laws realised i m getting bad to worse,they took all my jewellery and other valuable items,later they forcefully left me and my 6 yrs old son at my parents house, and during my stay at my parents house,my husband didn’t even called me or my son ONCE to enquire about our wellbeing .

My parents got all my check up done,and has spend a lot of money on my medical treatment, i m having "Thyroid" (Surgery is also a possibility)

What can i do?

I really dont like my parents spending their hard earned money on me,which RIGHTFULLY is responsibility of my husband and in laws but they actually left me at my parents house like a garbage ......

Please Advise

Please Help

Aditi

Learning

37 Replies

stylistperson (Director)     12 April 2011

HI THERE, I PERSONALLY ADVICE TO TRY TO DISCUSS ABOUT THIS MATTER FIRST WITH FEW RESPECTED COMMON PEOPLE OF YOUR BOTH FAMILIES BEFORE YOU GO WITH ANY LEGAL ACTION.

TRY TO CONVINCE THEM WITH SOME SOCIAL PRESSURE. MEANWHILE, APPOINT GOOD LAWYER AND KEEP YOUR LEGAL MOVES READY (DONT TAKE ANY ACTION IMMEDIATELY, JUST KEEP READY). I HOPE YOU DONT NEED TO MOVE LEGALLY AS I WILL MAKE BIG DISTANCE BETWEEN YOU AND SPOIL BOTH OF YOURS LIFE.

AS YOU SPEND 8 YEARS, YOU KNOW YOUR IN LAWS BETTER SO YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN IN DETAIL HERE SO EXPERTS CAN ADVICE WELL HERE. 

FROM YOUR SIDE, YOU SEEMS VICTIM. MANY WOMEN MISUSE OF 498A AND YOU DOESNT SEEMS ONE OF THEM SO EVERYBODY HERE WILL BE WITH YOU. HOWEVER, YOUR HUBBY WILL NOT BE FORCED BY LAW TO KEEP YOU HAPPY ALWAYS. ONCE YOU GO TO COURT, DIVORCE IS THE MOST COMMON RESULT. 

LEGALLY, EXPERTS WILL ADVICE YOU HERE BETTER THAN ME.

KEEP FAITH IN YOURSHELF, EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     12 April 2011

Plz reply me would u like to do any hard step or soft.

Hello Mr. Kasrija,

Thank you for your reply .

Even now i am trying my level best to save my relationship ,but yes

I Do FEEL BAD that at this point of time they left me .....

YES  I want my husband to came and take me and our son home with due respect..

Till the time there is .01% of hope, i want things to be back to normal , but after that i think i have to be strong  enough to take care of my son and handle legal things.

Regards

Aditi

(Guest)

@Aditi

Its very sad that they dont treat you and taking care you in a delicate situation thats shows their motive .

You have to became alert to know all this things if this is all true facts.

Now, first of all , take medical care.

Then,as above all the lci member said ,try to discuss all this things to husband and inlaws and also take safeguarding your stridhan (jewellery etc.).

If all these effort fails than you can file domestic violence case and get the relief under section 18 to 22.

You have a legal remedies available but before you take harsh steps first know  their intention,discuss with your members .

Take care.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     12 April 2011

I think something is missing here:

* A family keeps u for long 8 years as their DIL, u have a child, u get some disease & ur husband (too) abondons u???!!

* U state that u were doing ur business & earning too. THYROID problem is not a crippling disease so as to render u dependent upon somebodt to "take u to the doctor". I think U cud have gone to see the doctor urself if there was some problem from ur hubby- side to accompany u???!!

* No sensible man abondons his wife & child at the drop of a hat! There must be some other cause of this matrimonial dispute after 8 long yrs of marriage

Say clear facts so that members can help u!

1 Like

Hi Kushan,

Thank you for replying ,

This is what hurt me the most ,they left me at this point of time .Yes i am taking all medical care and my parents are supporting me day and night ..

My husband and inlaws are not taking my calls or calls by my parents at all, so I am  not in a position to to talk to my husband and ask him why he is doing this to us?

They have all my Jewellery and other valuable items and has left me with no money at all..

What do you think about Women Cell ?

Somebody told me that Women Cell helps you settle things , and in it they talk to you and simply councel you.

I hope i am going the right way...

Regards

Aditi 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 April 2011

for Aditi :

1.  Presently for starters, It is advisable to write a registered letter to your husband stating that now after the treatment at your fathers house, you are now healthy enough and that you wish to return to the husbands house alongwith your child and that he should come and take you back.

Nothing (talking etc...) may be done orally.  If the husband fails to respond to the registered letter, THEN follow up with similar one more registered letter and maybe one more registered letter, before you actually decide to do something more drastic for your domestic rights.

2.  Preserve all the medical records / papers / bills for all the treatments done during your stay at your fathers house, for future projected disputes (is needed).  Meanwhile (if possible)  get a through back ground check done for your husbands current status, which should include all his properties, bank accounts, business / service details, income and investment details etc....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hi Rajiv,

There is nothing missing out here !!

A family keeps u for long 8 years as their DIL, (( beacuse i was working and was earning a lot of money ))

u have a child, u get some disease & ur husband (too) abondons u???!! (( yes beacuse i am in extreme

stage of "Thyroid" in which my hands shake like hell and i am not even able to write properly and i have to go for throat surgery which is very expensive to remove the glands or else ""i'll die"" (this is what doctor told my mom) and due to my condition i m not working , whenever i am under a lot of stress i faint ))

I am not in a condition to go anywhere alone ,not even a doctor ..

If there is any other  cause for this matrimonial dispute then why my husband didn't even bothered to call our son    or maybe THEY DON'T WANT A WIFE WHO CANNOT WORK ANYMORE AND THEY LEFT THE CHILD JUST SO THAT MY INLAWS CAN GET MY HUSBAND REMARRIED (A CHILD IS A PROBLEM IN REMARRIAGE )

These are the FACTS , whether you trust me or your don't ..

Regards

Aditi

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 April 2011

Just you file a maintenance case claiming maintenance.  You can also file a civil suit for maintenance and also can attach the properties.  If  your son is with you file a suit for general partition and seperate posession claiming his share in the share of his father.  You will also get share.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 April 2011

Just you file a maintenance case claiming maintenance.  You can also file a civil suit for maintenance and also can attach the properties.  If  your son is with you file a suit for general partition and seperate posession claiming his share in the share of his father.  You will also get share.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     12 April 2011

dv may give you shelter but as you stated you can not go any where alone this will be problematic for you staying there. you may claim maintenance + medical expencess + cost of residence under dv .hire a local lawyer for it or seek help for a local lawyer who is member of lci.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     12 April 2011

DID U DEVELOP THROID PROBLEM SUDDENLY? if yes it will go off with medicine in sometime

if not u can go to Department of Nuclear Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences which will not cost u much but u can avoid surgery also unless u have a single nodule secreting too much of hormone or difficulty in swallowing /breathing secondary to a huge gland. surgery is usually reserved for some specific cases of thyroid disease.

regading legal issue there seems something more to ur prob , either ur husband has another woman in life which you are not aware of  or u are hiding something ????

2 Like

Deep (k)     12 April 2011

Follow Avnish's comments, think on it you will get everything resolved. Be faithful and get the answer from yourself. You are the best to analyze your problem. No legal action required in hurry, unless you want the (only) money from your husband.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     12 April 2011

first get urself treated , a hyperthyroid person is very unstable , short tempered , hypertensive  and not in a stable mental condition. once u are cured (radioiodine is usually treatment of choice) , after that sit and think about it what u want out of it.

during ur hyperthyroid attack u ppl may have had abnormal interaction which ur husband obviously being a layman will take as ur normal behaviour , first get out of ur disease then think about reconciliation/ legal actions.

yes , in bet write him a registered letter politely requesting him to join you and take u to ur matri home.dont send any threatenening letter.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register