LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

razackbaba (Professional)     23 October 2012

Conversion to muslim

i am a muslim man, my wife is by birth she is hindu, she converted into muslim and married me by muslim law, but still she didnt changed her name in gazette or didnt convert her community in community cert.by faith she has become muslim doing namas,she is going arabic school to learn all aspect to become a complete muslim girl, whether is it compulsory to change name in gazette and to get community cert as Muslim, if so, wt are the document needed to get get change of community cert and change of name

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     23 October 2012

1. Via a Gazette Notification name change is enough for all Public Authorities purposes. Get Gazette Notification done of her name change post marriage annexing marriage certificate and conversion certificate. Take one too many spare copies for all future purposes of such Notifications by meeting spare copy fees.

In Islam her surname is not required to change because the name of her father will be with her and in Islam the women after marriage do not change there surname like usually people in the world do tag there husband surname to them.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     24 October 2012

Fine that u have good understanding.

If ur wife is employee then change of name in her service records becomes necessary to avoid future complications. There are certains procedure to be fulfilled before the name is changed. So contact the deparment and fill the forms and get the necessry changes.

Gazette notification, paper publication are necessary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register