LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sukrut s gadre   26 March 2023

Conversion of garage into shop

Hello. I am staying in an appartments owner association pune.I had bought a parking space from the builder which is closed from three sides and has a shutter.I was provided with a seperate light meter by the builder which states shop no 17.The index 2 states it's a parking and is attached to my flat in the same building.previously i had rented it as a godown.Now I want to rent it for a laundry but the apartment owners comittee is apossing it.The people in the comittee have made changes in their flat and have done illegal constructions like extension of gallery.Building seperate rooms in terrace but they are opposing me. I think law should be same to everyone.Also i have a shopact licence of the parking which states shop no 7.Can i change the parking status into a commercial property or can I start the laundry withought taking any permission of the apartment owners.

Please help me out.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 March 2023

Can builder sell the parking area in Pune under Maharashtra Apartment Ownership Act, as applicable in your case ? Legally "NO"

If other flat owners have violated building Bye-Laws by constructing additional room and covering balcony etc. as stated by you, has any one raised objection with the Association and / or authorities concerned ? Not yet 

Sukrut s gadre   27 March 2023

No one has raised any objection as these people are on the appartment owners association comittee.i will be writing a letter about this to the comitte.I wont start anything if things are illegal but my concern is no objection was raised against comitee members.my building was constructed in 94.The builder has sold open spaces common terraces to flat holders.is this possible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register