LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amarsinha (Student)     21 December 2013

Conversion from civil revision in civil appeal

I have wrongly filed a Civil Revision in a District and session court instead of filing Civil appeal. It was a technical mistake. How Can I convert it into an appeal ?


 3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     21 December 2013

yes you can,(ii) Revision can be converted into appeal if same is filed within time and there is no impediment of limitation. Limitation must be construed from the date of filing of the revision petition or appeal. If the revision or appeal so filed was within limitation, for conversion into appeal or revision, it is to be examined that the appeal or revision, as the case may be, so filed, on the date of institution, was within the limitation and if so, said permission can be granted.kindly refer  OM PRAKSH AND ORS versus DWARAKA PRASAD AND ANR 25/8/2004 of MP HIGH COURT

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 December 2013

I agree with Advocate Mr. Ragavan's opinion.

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     25 January 2014

I quite impress with Adv Raghavan Sir,  referring case OM PRAKASH AND ORS Vs. DWARAKA PRASAD . in his opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register