LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Elamaran Perumal (Law Officer)     09 March 2011

Contract Laboure issue

Dear all lawyers,

Our firm is a power project under construction by engaging a lot of contractors. Our coal handling plant is situated at a place which is situated at the premises of a State EB's Power Plant and is 08 Kms from our up coming plant. As a Principal Employer, we only issue Form-V under Contract Laboure Act, enabling all our contracting agencies to obtain licence under CL Act. Now, we engage some contractors in the Coal Handling Plant area where a lot of contsruction activities are being carried out and the place is located within the premises of a State Electricity Board's power plant. Should we issue Form V to the contractors enabling them to obtain licence from the Licencing Officer, for our works carried out in another premises?


 1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     09 March 2011


YES. Please review definitions 2(i)(b) of CL(R&A)Act.


a workman shall be deemed to be employed as "contract labour" in or in connection with the work of an establishment when he is hired in or in connection with such work by or through a contractor, with or without the knowledge of the principal employer"




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register