Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jagdish Vasta (Service)     23 December 2008

Contract Labour Licence renewal

Dear Friends,

I need to renew my contract labour certificate licence copy which is upto 31.12.2008 and renew it for another 12 months.

Can you tell me as to when i need to apply for the renewal of the same as listed out in the act. I could not find it.

Unlike factories act for the renewal of factory licence which is 2 months in advance the actual date to be sent for renewal of contract labour licence is not mentioned in the CLRA act.

Kindly quote me the sce. if any in the act and the time frame of submission for renewal.

Pls reply urgently..

Jagdish

Learning

8 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     23 December 2008

Renewal of licence.-

(1)

Every contractor shall apply to the licensing officer for renewal of the licence.

(2)

Every such application shall be in Form VII in triplicate and shall be made not less than thirty days before the date on which the licence expires, and if the application is so made, the licence shall be deemed to have been renewed until such date when the renewed licence is issued.

(3)

The fees chargeable for renewal of the licence shall be the same as for the grant thereof :
Provided that if the application for renewal is not received within the time specified in sub-rule (2), a fee of 25 per cent in excess of the fee ordinarily payable for the licence shall be payable for such renewal ;
Provided further that in case where the licensing officer is satisfied that the delay in submission of the application is due to unavoidable circumstances beyond the control of the contractor, he may reduce or remit as he thinks fit the payment of such excess fee.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     24 December 2008

It should be applied before expiry date otherwise contractor will liable to deposit late fee according to rules.

Jagdish Vasta (Service)     27 December 2008

Dear Friends,

Thanx to your replies but the same does it apply to an employer.

Pls reply

Jagdish

JAGADEESH GOVIND (ADVOCATE)     27 December 2008

Dear Sir,

The Employer should take registration under CLR Act and he should give certificate that the contractor is working under him.

Jagan

Jagdish Vasta (Service)     29 December 2008

Dear Sir,

Actually i meant to say employers certificate of Contract Labour registration when to renew it.

Jagdish

rajmore 22 (Service)     15 January 2009

Hi

Friends, i had a registration which i have not renewed for last 2 yrs. due to non avaibality of more work. Is it any legal implication that if i am not using it i have to submit back to Govt.

What is a procudure ?

Raj

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     15 January 2009

Mr. Raj,

It is better for you to ask your querry, by a separate thread.

If you ask by just entering into another one's, it will cause confusion to the members as well the person whose  thread is this. 

Iqbal Singh Channa (prop.)     17 January 2009

Hi Jagdish

I m iqbal channa labour law consultant in punjab, so if u need any help in punjab kindly mail me iqbalchanna@gmail.com

Regards

IQBAL CHANNA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register