Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ADVOCATE ANIL PANDEY   28 September 2023

Continuity of notarized rent agreement after expiry of 11 months, is it valid?

Dear All Learned Members,

kindly enlighten me with the following facts:

1- My company takes on rent several premises on rent for 11 months by notarizing instrument only.

2- The said premises continue for couple of years by just renewing them for 11 months through notarization only.

My Question: Is it valid in law to get the notarized property renewed on expiry of every 11 months by just through the notary process only.

With Regards 

Anil Pandey

Learning

7 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 September 2023

what is wrong in that

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     28 September 2023

Yes it is valid. Just make sure you that the serial no. that has been provided by the notary or his clerk on the renewal agreement do not vary with their record.

ADVOCATE ANIL PANDEY   28 September 2023

Sir,

Continuation of rent agreement without getting registered, will not be affected by section 17 & 49 of the Registration Act?

Siddhi   28 September 2023

But is it not violation of law for mandatory registration for rental/LL agreement/s.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 September 2023

It requires registration as per amendment in most states.  In which State is the property situated?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2023

As rightly observed, most of the states insist the registration of rental agreement irrespective of the period of  rental agreement .

If the renewal was on the basis of the original rental agreement then there is no legl infirmity in it

(Guest)

Your writing is really great. It helps people who are new here a lot. I'm really glad about it subway surfers unblocked. Thanks for this great post. Someone who likes to play video games told me about a really cool game called moto x3m.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register