LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand (pa)     30 May 2011

continuing btech and govt job same time..?


respected sir..

one yr back I have got a govt job on the basis of my 10+2 qualification..but at the time of joining i was doing my final year last semester of btech...my btech was completed on may 2010..but I have joined in govt job on mar 26 itself..I have taken the leave for one month and i have written my btech last sem exams..Is my graduation legal??..Is there any problem regarding my graduation?? please help me...I was really confused and I am afraid of applying for the competetive exams based on my graduation ..please help me...please give me some suggestions


 6 Replies

prabhakar singh (advocate)     31 May 2011

you took the job on 10+2 certificate.ok.

It also appers that your attendence of btech. was complete that is why they allowed you to write the exam. your beteh.decree is valid in my considered opinion.

There is no problem with current job if you have taken leave to write btech. exam with permission of your departmental boss.

You have right to appear in any exam based on your graduation decree of btech. for which there is no bar on you.

BUT PROBLEM may arise with respect to your PRESENT JOB if you have written eXam Durind a medical leave or or other ground as if they come to know and do not ignore they proceed to show that you have MISCONDUTED and they may proceed to enquire after a show cause notice to you that why should not a departmental enquiary be setup agaisnt you for you took the leave on a false ground and mis utilised it for writing the exam,which may result as a stagima to your condut.

If you have comitted a mistake of this kind,as my experience smells it,you are advised to go cool, appear in exams cooly ,if ,no department permission is required therefor,and when got ,selected,regine from this job.

The next thing is that if you are failing to mannage this kind of fear but have confidence to sail the compete the exams you want to write,just regine this job, forget every thing,and get sellected for the job you are desirousof.

Hirdayanath M Kamble (Service)     31 May 2011

There is no proplem  whatsoever in your applying for other competative exams, yous graduation is very much legal. So stop worring and look ahead. 

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 June 2011

prabhakar singh has opined accurately.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 December 2011

You should have sought department's permission for continuing study.  Generally departments are liberal in giving permission and still there is no legal bar for getting ex-post facto sanction. Without this sanction the qualification cannot be added in your service recond and deptt will not wafward any applicatin whre B Tech is the qualification. Wiout this you cannot get continuation of service and you losloe about two years pensionable service which is a big loss. You may still request the baboos of your administrationt to be kind enough to giveyou ex-post factro sacntion. Such sanction is given on the condition that the offocial work will not suffer due to highr studies and in your case it si clear that the officer work has not suffered.

Hirdayanath M Kamble (Service)     30 December 2022

Your graduation is completely legal, it would have no bearing your present job and you can verywell apply for other competative exams by following due process as per department , not only that you can also apply for other govt. jobs on Deputation basis or other wise .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 January 2023

continuation of higher studies after joiing service can be cause of disciplinary action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register