LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

valentine (Advocate)     05 October 2010

Contempt procedure

Under Sec. 140 of MV Act interim order on NFL was passed. The opponent was to make payment within 90 days. He filed writ of certiorary and mandamus which was disposed of without opinion. He preferred 1st appeal u/s 173 mv act but faced objections most pertinent was depositing 25,000 or 50% of the ordered amount whichever is less. The appeal is still at the registry level and not put on the board. Meanwhile I filed a Contempt of Courts Order application. The Tribunal says it has no jurisdiction. I would like to know the whole procedure as the Contempt of Courts Act, 1971 is silent on jurisdiction under various Acts.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr.A.V.Hardikar (State Repr.)     05 October 2010

I have similar query.

I own a bunglow. Clear Title. I allowed my br to stay in.I was out in job/practice.35 yrs he stays in -I occasanaly visit. Naw br claims to be excl owner as staying in for last 30 yrs. He is aso member by my NOC. Plinth Soc. rgd under MCS Act. In family compro- recently I have taken exclusive possesion of one room =terace. Later br went to CO op cort  for int inj- not to disturb his possesion.On the same day of aplication, Co op cort gave Ad Int InJ.Ex party. Later when I entered the property in my exclusive possesion he went for Contempt of cort on this entry.

Cort has isued notice to me for reply.

He has no title atallexcept Asso Member. C

If I am suspecting foul play - to whom to complain other than Judiciary?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register