LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kannan   08 March 2018

Contempt of the court

Regarding Terminal benefits, I filed a writ petition in the honourable high court. The court disposed my writ petition by giving some directions. It asked me to file a review petition to the Functional Registrar(Cooperative). The judgement reads"On receipt of such review petiton from the petitioner the respondents have to consider the same on merits and in accordance with law within a period of twelve weeks thereafter" . 

The timpe period of 12 weeks is over(Nearly 14 weeks over) but the respondents have not yet taken any actions. Can I file the contempt of the court against my respondends? Is there any time limit to do the same? Kindly reply me. 




 3 Replies

Ambanshu Sahni   08 March 2018

Dear Kanan

You can file the case within 1 year from the date when you became aware about such contempt. The period of limitation is provided under contempt act

The Limitation period for actions of contempt has been discussed under Section 20 of the Contempt of Courts Act of 1971.
I hope it is helpful.
Ambanshu Sahni
1 Like

Kannan   09 March 2018

Thank you so much for your reply...
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 June 2018

Take your lawyer’s help..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query