LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Saraswat (Accounts Head)     24 May 2018

Contempt of settlement agreement

Dear Experts......

Hope you all will be fine.

there is one matter before Hight Court for family issue.

Both the parties settle the matter in Mediation Center and signed the agreement. 

The same matter reached in court and court has taken consent from both the parties and disossed off with mentioning that both the parties are bound with said agreement

Husband/Man has withdrawn cases as mentioned in Agreement settlement but wife/lady has denied to obey the terms and agreement and written statement in lower court that - I don't accept the agreement and want to proceed further.

Wife file an application before the same court in High Court for reopen the same case on the stage before mediation.

Please advise.

1. Can court reopen the same while court has made bound both the parties.

2. Can lady able to get change the terms of Agreement.

3. Can court apply the contempt proceeding.


Please help me out.

Thanks to all of you.



 1 Replies

NM (j)     26 May 2018

I think Yes ref Rajat_Gupta_vs_Rupali_Gupta_on_15_May,_2018

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query