LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manupratap (Medical officer)     18 July 2014

Consumer right


I bought a new samsung galaxy s4 from saudi arabia which i bought to use in india.But it had a country lock. As  clearly stated in the booklet(which is provided with mobile), i contacted the service centre for releasing my mobile from country lock(sim network unlock pin).But they refused to do ,so i contacted the customer care same was the result. It is printed in the booklet that the country lock will be released by service centre in used country. I showed them the booklet but they refused to release from country lock.

Can i file a case against samsung in india?


 6 Replies

Manupratap (Medical officer)     18 July 2014

Also samsung is cheating indians by not providing warranty to mobile phones  which is bought from outside india but which has an international warranty.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 July 2014

First file a written complaint  under CP Act to Samsung and wait for their response.  Then depending on their explanation, one has to decide as to whether it is a fit case for filing complaint in India.

1 Like

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     19 July 2014

As suggested by honourable expert Mr. Prasad it can only a certain if you file a consumer complain against the same 

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     19 July 2014

First issue alegal notice to service center where you had contact for releasing lock and they refused to do so also send the copy of notice to Regional manager samsung for necessary action.If notice is not complied within given time than file complaint before Consumer forum against both on the ground of deficiency in their services and claim compensation towards mental and physical agony also.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 July 2014

As advised by Advocate Mr. Bartesh Goyal, first serve a legal notice to the local service center demanding them to service the product and rectify the defect quoting the rules and conditions as seen printed in the manual/booklet, send a copy to the Samsung Office at abroad, have a record of the notice secured, on the local service centre failing to comply with your demand, you may approach the jurisdictional consumer forum for relief and compensations.

Rubina (Marketing)     21 July 2014

Thank you for your advice, its really helpful.

Buy a Property in Bangalore

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register