Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KCJoshi (Manager)     12 February 2013

Consumer protection act/consumer court

Hi,

Greetings to the experts!

I have purchased a flat in JP group society in Noida Express way. When I was looking for the purchase, I was introduced by a third party who is a property developer. They claimed that they are under writers of JP and they get some commission from JP if they introduce any customers. I applied for the flat through them and got a credit note from that company in company's letter head, which is signed by one of the directors of the company.

The credit note says that I will be paid 3% money back by them the moment I make minimum 40% payment of the flat to JP. I made full payment of my flat cost to JP in last year January itself, and it's been more than a year now, but when ever I contact that third party and tell them that they should pay me the promised amount, every time they tell me that they have not received any money from JP yet, hence I need to wait.

Initially, I used to follow-up with them over phone calls only but when it was almost 10 months, then I contacted the person who has signed the credit note. He also kept saying that he will pay back to me once they receive from JP.

My problem is that, I wanted to buy additional parking with the flat and that was fitting within this 3% amount, but I could not buy it till date as I have been waiting for the money as per the credit note. Now the cost of parking in this 1 year has gone up by more than 1.5 lakhs. I want that this builder should compensate for his miss guiding which will be costing me more for parking due to his false promises through phone calls and in written credit note.

My question is that; will I get any benefit of taking this matter to consumer court? If yes, will I have to take help of any lawyer or I can file it myself? What is the process of filing a case in consumer court? If not consumer court then where can I get any help in this matter?

Quick response from the experts will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you, sincerely- K.C.Joshi

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register