Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s.meghala shree (advocate)     16 August 2012

Consumer issue

Hi Frnds,

Hope u will give suggestion for my following query. my client has approached a study centre for joining a mba course and paid Rs.8000/- as fee. but for the 2 yrs, the study centre still dint forward my clients application to the appropriate university. now after 2 yrs the study centre is saying that there is no mba course offered by that particular university. if i proceed legally against that study centre, will my client be compensated? or the study centre will escape saying fault in the name of the particular university? pls clear 

Learning

8 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     16 August 2012

definitely u can sue the study centre in consumer court. ur client has paid the consideration for the services. U can sue the study centre for adopting unfair trade practice as well as deficiency of service.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 August 2012

Consumer forum cases can also filed through online. Watch website www.akosha.com

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     16 August 2012

Good case for consumer forum.

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     17 August 2012

Well said Mr. S Kumar. You can sue in consumer court as you are the consumer of the said study centre.You can claim for the course fees, damages and also for mental stress / agony and the costs for the suit as well.

Naveen Kumar (service)     18 August 2012

All is Ok, but How abt Degree , i mean again the client needs to study MBA from other university for another 2 years ?

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 August 2012

your client has to study MBA from another University if he wants MBA degee

sravankumar

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     18 August 2012

Advertisement – Institute published false advertisement – College neither affiliated nor recognized for imparting education – Respondents lost two academic years – Deficient service proved – Institute directed to pay Rs. 1 lacs as compensation and costs of Rs. 1 lack each - 2009(1) CPC 604 S.C.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     25 August 2012

Your Client will have to study for MBA in any other University. However, he can claim compensation for loss of two years earnings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More