LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abdul saleem (senior executive)     05 July 2018

Consumer forum

Dear Sir,

This is regarding the Tiles purcahsed,

I have purchased Nitco mat finishing tiles for my home and laid at the time of renovation in May 2016. The tile were purchased form a local delaer at Palakkad , Kerala.

The tile starts to damage by coming out of small pieces from the edges after 6 months of laying and still it contineuing in other area through out my home where almost 1500 sqft area used the Nitco floor tiles.

In May'2018 I have contacted the branch to report the complaint and they have sent the Nitco company representative for the site visit and shown them the spots of damages. They were trying to prove that the damages where happend due to the power full movements happened wilfully by using some sort of objects, like furniture movements and some objects fallen from a far hieght etc.. Also by using mope edges while cleaning the floors.

I have tried to make them understand that the floors tiles should not damage for moving the furnitures and cleaning with mop etc.. and each and every tile is now appearing with the same damages and i explained with my commensence that floor tiles should not damage how this happened. Finally they left with the answer that they will report to the company and revert with a answer, they didn't answered till last friday and I have made call to the dealer and the person visited my home. they said they can't do anything on this issue and it is not a quality problem.

I have decided to move to consumer forum to claim the damages, can you please advice the steps?



 4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     05 July 2018

File complain in consumer forum making dealer and company party to complain.

Feel free to cal for any help at 9456777600.


1 Like

Abdul saleem (senior executive)     05 July 2018

Thank you sir, I will proceed and update the progress!

Siddharth Jain   05 July 2018

Firstly, you need to serve a legal notice to the company asking them to repay the entire amount paid by you, owing to the deficiency in that product.

if they fail to adhere within 15 days of the receipt of legal notice, you you can approach consumer forum in file a complaint against them for deficiency of service and unfair trade practices.

For any other queries, feel free to contact me at

Kavya Sreejith   13 May 2020


You may find the following article helpful -


Kavya Sreejith

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads