LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DK Sharma (Astt Divisional Electrical Engineer)     21 June 2014

Consumer forum

DISCOM Jaipur Vidyut Vitaran Nigam has refused to maintain and repair the transformer installed in our Multistory residential building. Whether residents' society can take the matter to District Consumer forum. My question is Whether residents' society will be treated as consumer.

DK Sharma

Kota Rajasthan


 3 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     23 June 2014

Yes, Residents' Society is a consumer.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 June 2014

The residents' society can very well take up the matter before the District consumer redressal forum for the deficiency of service by DISCOM.

Shivesh Sinha (Legal Adviser)     01 July 2014

Dear Mr. D. K. Sharma,

I have perused your query seeking that whether Residents' Society will be treated as consumer and can they raise consumer Dispute in Consumer Court ?

Said Residents do possess their locus standi as CONSUMERS within legal ambit of the provisions laid u/s 2 (1) (b) [(iv)] of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and can raise their consumer disputes & sue any erring service Provider alike quoted by you.

Hope, above clarifies your doubt. Feel free to approach me for further advise in the matter, if any.


Advocate Cum Legal Adviser to www.powertoconsumer.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register