LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

r.sankaranarayanan (Official)     27 February 2024

Consumer court matter - credit card fraud

I have filed a case in Consumer Court against one credit card company for fraudulent usage of my card. It was used by some unknown person somewhere during COVID time and the credit card company had been deficient in service. During the last date the President of the forum said "You settle the matter with the company", which I refused since I had not utilised the card at all.

Can I make an application and submit during the next date that the President suggested to me to settle the matter with the card company and I had refused to do since I had not utilized the card at all.

Is there any special format etc. to put the matter on record. I request the learned members in the group to advise me..


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 February 2024

Since you have refused to accept the offer made by the consumer court presiding officer, you may wait for the court to pass an order against which you can prefer an appeal if the order has aggrieved you

r.sankaranarayanan (Official)     28 February 2024

Thank you very much for the reply. I was thinking of putting the suggestion by the Presiding officer to settle the matter, on record since the same will be an additonal exhibit when I prefer an appeal (IF the matter is decided against me). I seek your guidance on this.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register