Upgrad LLM

consumer case

I am a retailer of a company. 6 month ago I have paid Rs. 10000 for a Bank of India Bussiness Correspondent agency by cheque to the company and they withdraw the cheque payment but after payment they are not providing services. till the date my Bank of India BC Point not started. whenever I complaint to there costumer care team they give me token no but there is no progress of complaint filed. now I want to know
1} can I file case in consumer court?
2} how much compensation amount I can demand from the company.?

3} whether I have to send him legal notice first or I can directly file the case with consumer court. because I have send the company mail for refund the payment but they don't respond on that mail. I have also complaint no. also .

please suggest me ?

Mr. Guddu Yadav,

Issue Notice to the person for the payent of the cheque amount. In failure to repay, you can file complaint with the help of the Advocate before concerned magistrate. 


If you need any legal assistance, you can reply me.



It is not mandatory to issue legal notice if you want to file consumer complaint. You have already demamded thecompany for refund of your money by email, which is sufficient to file complaint for deficiency of service,


Try by writing to CEO/MD/Chairman of the said bank, under proper acknowledgment.

IT is not mandatory to issue legal notice in consumer case. You ( Consumer) can send Notice.


You may take help of elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influnecial persons etc and/or  find a very able LOCAL counsel/Law firm specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL e.g; Civil courts, HC, SC …

Show all docs and obtain proper written legal opinion.

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Civil matters.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x