Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Goud Vanga (Advocate)     04 October 2014

Consumer case

Hi Learned Friends,

I will go daily morning walk by paying Rs.45 per month  towards walkers pass  in a park maintained by Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) daily. Adjacent to this municipal park, there is an parking area located for  garbage lifting  municipal corporation vehicles. As this vehicles are parked, producing  unbearable dirty smell towards morning walkers and the people who visit the park. 

Park and parking  area for garbage lifting  municipal corporation vehicles, are both maintained by Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC).

To shift the garbage lifting  municipal corporation vehicles parking area, written letter to the commissioner of Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), but nothing happen since two months. I have heard , several petitions pending before Municipal Corporation since years on the same issue.

In view of the above, Can I file a case under consumer protection act before consumer forum, please advise

Learning

5 Replies

Ankit Ahjolia (IR Officer)     04 October 2014

Dear Mr. Praveen,

As you are paying Rs. 45 per month towards walkers pass, so you are consuming the service of walkers pass only.

And as you have mentioned that parking area has been allotted for the vehicle of Municipality for lifting of garbage that service is not being consumed by anyone. So, it can't establish a relationship of consumer.

If you really want to drag this matter to the court then you can file PIL, but under consumer protection act, you can't.

Regards,

Ankit Ahjolia

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     06 October 2014

Mr,Ankit is absolutely right .PIl is the best and proper remady for your grievance. 

D R K Rao   29 July 2016

Respected sirs, Last year May I went to Japan on China Eastern air lines purchasing  a return ticket through Makemytrip. For the deficiency of the service of China Eastern Airlines I sought justice in the consumer forum of my  place Vizianagaram District from there I bought the ticket on line through my E Mail account through my own  I. P., Both C.E.Airlines and Makemytrip don't have their offices with business interest in my place Vizianagaram. Does it attracts section 11 of Consumer forum?. Now the case is with the forum and if I fail to submit amendment or judgment my case may be directed to a very long distance where there are offices are situated. I pray for your kind advise and I would like to know if there is any way for me with out going to a distant place.

D R K Rao   29 July 2016

Respected sirs, Last year May I went to Japan on China Eastern air lines purchasing  a return ticket through Makemytrip. For the deficiency of the service of China Eastern Airlines I sought justice in the consumer forum of my  place Vizianagaram District from there I bought the ticket on line through my E Mail account through my own  I. P., Both C.E.Airlines and Makemytrip don't have their offices with business interest in my place Vizianagaram. Does it attracts section 11 of Consumer forum?. Now the case is with the forum and if I fail to submit amendment or judgment my case may be directed to a very long distance where there are offices are situated. I pray for your kind advise and I would like to know if there is any way for me with out going to a distant place.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 August 2016

Make My Trip considers itself and intends to be subject to the jurisdiction only of the courts of NCR of Delhi, India.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register