LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramasinha (n/a)     07 October 2007

consumer act

whehter when a case is pending in Arbitration filed by petioner, respondent can go to consumer forum.

Learning

8 Replies

bupesh (n/a)     08 October 2007

If independent of the arbitration proceedings, if one has a sustainable claim before the Consumer Forum, certainly one can approach the consumer forum.   

ramasinha (n/a)     08 October 2007

Dear Mr.Bhupesh

""If independent of the arbitration proceedings, if one has a sustainable claim before the Consumer Forum, certainly one can approach the consumer forum""

what do u mean by INDEPENDENT PROCEEDINGS -please explain detail

bupesh (n/a)     12 October 2007

I too subscribed to the view of Mr.Bupesh. Irrespective of the Arbitration procedings if one has a sustainable claim before the consumer forum, he can very well maintain the complaint.

ramasinha (n/a)     12 October 2007

:) thank u

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     08 June 2008

As per Section 34 of Arbitration Act when any party to an arbitration agreement commences any legal proceedings against any other party to the agreement in respect of the matter referred to arbitration, any party to such arbitration, at any time before filing the written statement, may apply to the judicial authority before which the proceedings are pending, to stay the legal proceedings. In a nutshell once arbitration proceedings commence, no legal proceeding pertaining to the same dispute can be hld before any judicial authority

Sagar Bhatia (Lawyer)     14 June 2008

Plz go through citation in Consumer Protection Judgments CPJ 2007(1) NC  Pg. 34. U may get some matter from this citation.

arunprakaash.m. (advocate)     14 June 2008

well done mr.Sagar Bhatia.

Guest (n/a)     15 June 2008

Started one lawyers club in US, currently just covered the all clubs available, in comming days I will cover the basics laws in US and also I will try to cover some case analysis which may help others lawyers club in other part of world.

https://us-lawyers-directory.blogspot.com

thx

Abinahs

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register