LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed Asif   05 April 2020

Construction of home in govt land

Can we construct a Home in a govt land.
Document given By karnataka govt i.e Hakku Patra 28 years we have been paying Tax of a property like khata kandaya like that can we construct.


 3 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     05 April 2020

No permanent construction can be raised on govt. Land.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 April 2020

FIrst apply for such permission to the Revenue dept.,, then get approval from local authority, and depending on the result you may proceed further.  The priority of Central Government is now to provide houses to the land less/house less and they are even providing subsidy.  Now that the land is already available, they may as a special case consider for exemption/relaxation of the rules if any.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 April 2020

Local laws govern the subject matter as to what is the purpose of allotment of land, how much period, rate of tax and other relevant informations.

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciaiton of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query