LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R Muralidharan (Accounts Consultant)     21 September 2008

Conspiracy by parents

Paretns of the married male create a profile in matrimonial website making a false declaration that their son is "unmarried"

The concerned son is already married and the marriage performed as per Hindu Law subsequently registered with the registrar of marriages

Pl exmaine the case whether this will attract Sec 120 (Concealment and conspiracy)

If so whether it is cognizable offence and the punishment prescribed for such offence

Secondly whether the parent of the wife can file a criminal complaint in the place where the parent resides which is different from the residing place of the man's parents



 1 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 September 2008

Dear R.Muralidharan,

                                           I am of the view that Hindu Law of marriage is a very special law for the hindus, and any matrimonial disputes of the hindus have to be addressed under hindu law only. As such, the Indian Penal code can not come to disrupt the matrimonial home of the hindus, unless the HMA provides for such application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register