LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar jadhav (employee)     01 June 2014

Confusion about ap in 498

Here are facts

1) wed morning got call from police station to visit them coz my wifes complaint they recived

2) called some 498 harrssed people here all,said to get bail

3) I gone to court, asked one lawyer standing ,he said valid proof required to get ap

4) met very senior lawyer,he checked in JMFC ,there was no FIR agaist me



my doubts


1) Now no fir only complaint should I attend police station?

2) if no FIR ap is needed?

3) does AP means submission of guilt and can be used against me?

4) also police station is in A area,I livein B area,both have diff court,from whr I take Bail?



 8 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 June 2014

Initally you didn't need to take bail , your wife had made a complaint against you in the police ,they had called you in the caw cell there they will make a pressure on you to solve your problem and make compromise with her , they will give you two three chance if you don't compromise with her and also failed to convince them with proof that you are innocent and your wife had filed false complaint against you, then they will send back your file to DCP office by recommendation to register fir against you , then that time you need to obtain AB /stay on arrest for you from the high court where the case is registered , go and attend all the meeting in the caw cell / police station.

sagar jadhav (employee)     01 June 2014

thanks sir caw cell did not called but only police station local. alsmot everybody advised me not to attend .

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     01 June 2014

Agreed with Mr. L.K.Joshi

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 June 2014

It depends on which district the case is. In AP there are no CAW cells in most districts, most places, the complaint is converted into FIR when the accused is in Police Station for reconciliation.


In AP as well, AB can be obtained on complaint stage itself.


Better check with a lawyer who deals with matrimonial cases in that particular district. Afterall till couple of years back, AP had the highest per lakh 498a cases.



Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

sagar jadhav (employee)     02 June 2014

Its Pune ,maharashtra

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     02 June 2014

caw cell is there and in police station means it better to appear before them 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2014




facts are spread over on

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     17 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads