LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiva (abC)     13 June 2017

Confirming party/witness in sale deed/agreement

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am planning to buy a property in Bangalore.  The below are the details.

Property Owner: Mrs. X, 

Property is Self Acquired by Mrs. X, I am buying the same from her.  She is having 3 daughters and 1 Son.

Please let me know whether the childrens of Mrs. X should be Party/Vendor in Sale Agreement/Deed, OR Confirming Party/Witness Suffice?

Seller is inisting the childrens should be confirming party and Not Vendors.. Please advise.

Thank you.



 4 Replies

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     13 June 2017

children can't be vendor, however, they can be made witness but this too is not needed legally.



Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 June 2017

questioned property is self acquired property of x so children of x can't be vendor and legally not essential to made them witness.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     14 June 2017

When the property is purchased on own name, the question others will not arise.

only if the property is purchased jointly along with children name, then they should  witness the document. if they are below 18 year have to file, separete petition before the District Court.



Shiva (abC)     15 June 2017

Thank you so much for all your responses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query