LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jignesh (Designation )     01 April 2013

Conditional divorce paper in india


I and my wife can't live any more, because of my wife behaviour and habit of saying lying and cheating.

Now my wife asking me for last chance to change her self, and she is agree to give me in written proof.

Is there any conditional devorse/any other documents, so I can keep with me?

If she fulfill her promise then we will live with lots of love and fun. But if she is trying to cheat me this time, this proof will be use full for both end.



 3 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   01 April 2013

This type of agreement has no legal value and far from real life,an article from

Marriage in India is considered a sacred institution. However, not every marriage is meant to last. Though in India, divorce is not an easy option and is looked upon as social stigma to our values, you cannot carry the burden of a failed marriage throughout your life for the sake of societal issues. By analyzing the pros and cons of divorcing, you should resolutely state your decision. However, taking a decision won’t solve your problem. Divorce is a complex issue - morally, socially and legally. You should not step into this whirlpool without planning or strategies.

In India family and society gives too many advice but the couple should instead turn to a professional for advice. A professional’s help has credibility and he/she has experience in dealing with numerous cases like yours. You should always go through a counselor, no matter what. If the counselor thinks that the reasons for divorce are immature and both parties do not understand what it takes to succeed in a marriage, then reconsidering and re-evaluating your decision and incase if the divorce is inevitable as understood by a professional then his/her opinion will weigh in your favor during legal proceedings of court.

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     02 April 2013

No agreement can become key to divorce. If you like to do so you can have any agreement executed. But, if she does not obey with, then you will have to file appropriate petition in court for divorce.

Court can grant divorce only if either both parties agree or the reason for divorce is one that is mentined in HMA. Hence, may be that particular agreement would help you to prove cruelty against you which is a ground for divorce. Hence, through agreement you may have some indirect benefit. But, the same alone will not help you.



Goutam Prasad



Mob: 9810753838

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     03 April 2013

no such agreement can help husband.

instead, making the wife to write such thing can be treated as cruelty towards wife

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register