LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pune_ss   09 October 2017

Complaint in district consumer court in bangalore

Dear Professionals,

I had booked a ticket of Private bus co. They cancelled the bus without giving prior intimation it was a night time and I was left with no ticket at 10 PM without other option for travelling since other buses were full due to long weekend i.e. holdiay for Dassera and Gandhi Jayanthi. Did not get ticket for other buses and travelled standing by train as the ticket could not get confirmed. 

Now, Kindly advise on the following matters:

1) whether i should approach consumer court in Bangalore for deficiency in service?

2) How many times I will have to appear before the court?

3) am i eleigible for compensation?

4) How shall I file complaint? In person or online?





 9 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     09 October 2017



Intially send a legal notice to seek compensation for the Harrassment and mental agony caused to you, later u can approach the consumer forum to seek the necesarry actions. 



Kapil Chandna Advocate 



Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     09 October 2017

Yes,first issue notice to private bus co and demand the cost of ticket and compensation for mental and physical agony caused to you ,if notice is not complied with then file complaint against bus co.before District Consumer Forum.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2017

GO thru the T&C mentioned for event of Cancellation of Bus ride, and relate.

Prior Intimation could have been supplied.

Hope you had posted you contact details e.g; email id, Phone number for quick response..

The complaint with DCDRF is a one perspective.

You may file in person, thru Authorized representative, counsel specializing in Consumer matters.

Prefer thru counsel specializing in Consumer matters.

If you wish to read; GO thru;


Website of DCDRF, State Consumer Commission, NCDRC…..

1 Like

pune_ss   10 October 2017

Thank you sir for your valuable feedback.

pune_ss   10 October 2017

Thank you Sir

pune_ss   10 October 2017

Dear Sir, Thank you for your advise, the terms and conditions does not mention anything for the cancellation of bus and events thereof, I have collected a copy of it from the website of opposite party. Also I did not receive any prior intimation. Also till date I have not received refund of the fare. As advised by others first step would be to send a notice to the opposite party asking for refund and compensation. Any suggestion how much compensation I should ask for? Regards, Regards, Smruti

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 October 2017

You may agitate on NO Prior Intimation, NO refund.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 October 2017

Besides unilateral cancellation, non-intimation to you by SMS or other means is also an important part of the Complaint. Before sending any letter or notice in writing, talk to the next higher up in a friendly manner to find out what are their possible defences if ultimately you have send legal notice or go to court. A legal notice is not mandatory before you go to court. As for compensation you yourself decide the amount. Finally the court will decide. Your fight in the court can be long.

pune_ss   16 October 2017

Thank you all for your feedback. I have prepared the complaint and I am going to submit on Saturday in the district forum

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query