LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohd. Riyazuddin (Sub-Inspector of Poice)     08 July 2009

complaint against SBH


One of my friends having joint account with his wife and also maintaining a locker.  The banker used to deduct the locker charges from the joint account itself.  6 months back my friend died due to illness.  After that his wife operated their locker twice and kept her valuables in the locker.  About 2 weeks back when she went to open her locker the bank officials did not allowed her to operate the locker saying that, her husband did not named her as nominee. My friend did not have good terms with his brothers due to some property disputes.


when they were maintaining joint account since 11 years and she is operating her account since then. Even after the death of her husband she opened her locker twice and kept her valuables in the locker.  Now the bank officials asking her to get succession certificate from the court.  For that, her in-laws may object in getting her succession certificate.


Can I suggest  my friends wife to approach consumer court?



 2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     09 July 2009

Yes, consumer forum has got jurisidcition to entertain the complaint against the bank for not providing better service.  she has operated the locker twice after the death of her husband. file complaint and call for the records from the bank.

Bank will obtain the signature of the person who operates the locker before opening the locker.  U can also call this register from the bank.

Himanshu Prabhakar (Advocate)     09 July 2009

I agree with my friend Mr. Rajeev advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register