LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kannan RK (IAS)     15 December 2015

Complaint against a corporate

I purchased a paked product of a reputed company . I had a few pieces of it and later on I found an insect in one of the pieces . Me and my family members who ate the pieces started to Vomit and suffered from severe health issues. 

Can you please tell me procedure to file a complaint against the firm ? 

Also please let me know the process to claim a compensation.

Please help.

Learning

5 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     16 December 2015

1. Preserve the opened piece with whatever is left over. Preserve other packed pieces as they are (they also might contain insects - if they do - you are lucky). Preserve your invoice by which your purchased the packed food.

3. Preserve medical bills/prescripttions and get a doctor's certificate if possible that your condition was due to insects.

3. Send the stores and the manufacturer a notice through your lawyer and you can file a complaint in the consumer forum.

Your case reminds me of classic case law Donaghue vs Stevenson :)

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     16 December 2015

Hi,

This is certainly a serious matter.. Contact the nearest police station to file a complaint and call the food and drugs department to get the sample from you for investigation.. also consult a doctor and get the medical report.

Adv. Yogen Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation

Advocates & Consultants
Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com
Web: www.juryconn.in  

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     18 December 2015

File a complaint with the District Consumer Forum and also lodge a complaint with the Food and Drugs Inspector.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 December 2015

Advised well by experts above, a complaint with Food and Drug control Inspector besides a complaint with consumer forum shall be next steps to be followed in this regard.

Kannan RK (IAS)     09 January 2016

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

I have lodged a complaint to the district consumer dispute redressal commission.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register