Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meera (NA)     04 June 2013

Complaint

Hello Friends,

Need your help.

I had sent contracted goods as per the PO to a contractor who had made advance part payments. There has been no complaint or issue as regards to the qualtiy or quantity of the goods received by him. Post delivery, the contractor has not sent me the remaing balance payment and now does not even take my calls or respond to my mails. I had therefore issued a notice too but the same has still not been responded or the remaining amount remitted to me. His office and site address are in Nagpur and i reside in Navi Mumbai.

What action can i take against him? Legal/Court action and Police Action. and under what Acts/Sections.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Deepak Gupta (Lawyer)     04 June 2013

Its civil dispute ,no police action available , You already issued notice to pay the remaining amount . Go for recovery suit  .

sarath babu (ADVOCATE)     04 June 2013

you plz engage an advocate immediately and issue a legal notice to the contractor demanding him to pay remaing balance for which he recieved goods in 15 days of reciept of this notice, if fails he is responsible for legal action or consequences. you dd not mentioned when contract took place and when he stopped responding to you.  

Meera (NA)     05 June 2013

Thanks both of you for the immediate response.

Mr. Sarath Babu,

Contract took place in December 2012, goods were delivered too in December itself. Part pAyment was made and based on that goods were delivered. A notice was sent last month but we have not received any response / reply.

Advocate Gupta

Recovery suit will be filed in Mumbai or i will have to engage a lawyer from Nagpur? Is there any other way i can try without filing or going for legal proceedingd in court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register