LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Agarwalla   19 August 2020

complain against brother in law

My sister married for 7.5 yrs. she is not happy in marriage life. she has been crying since beginning of marriage. her husband, in laws , brother in law insulted her a lot during initial 1.5 yrs of marriage. after that her husband had extra marital affairs with two ladies. Now her husband is not interested to talk to her. He is just adjusting for her daughter. my sister wants to complain against her husband brother who insulted her most. There is one recording where her husband accepted that his brother tortured her. Can she file a complain against her husband brother? Will he get punishment?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 August 2020

The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005 is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted to protect women from domestic violence. Inform to your husband and his brother about this act consequences. You can give police complaint even on line grievances also. 

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     19 August 2020

Hello,

You can file complaint against husband's brother. However I will advice to solve the issue by amicable discussion. Now your sister is not having any complaints / allegations against husband so discuss issue with husband by involving parents and elders. 

Sachin Agarwalla   19 August 2020

Thank you sir for your reply. How can my sistermsister online complain? Also can my sister complain for domestic violence without proof. She does not have much proof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register