Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

laugh Loud   21 June 2020

compensation from MSEDCL

sir/madam,
I have a small plot of agricultural land at my native place....v use to give the land for cultivation to our native relatives while we are settled in Mumbai from last 40 years approx....slowly cultivation got stopped and the land is isolated and idle since last 25 years now...
Around 15-20 years back the msedcl(state electricity board) had installed huge electricity tower in our land and the overhead wires too run right through our land which makes it useless for any commercial activity or even building a house for our own.
I was very small those days and my father never paid any attention towards it.
I need to ask you if it is possible to seek compensation from the msedcl at current valuation for the loss of valuation of our property.
Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 June 2020

The concerned authority would have already given the compensation, if eligible. It is too late to rake up the issue.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     21 June 2020

1. Electric Co., by law, are entitled to install their electricity towers in private properties for the overall interest of public requirements.

2. However, since the land has become permanently non-cultivatable or usable, you may file for damages & compensation in the local Civil Court against the electric co.  This may take time & persistence, but is positively achievable.

3. Above does not become time barred, since it is "CONTINUING" violation and loss for you & family. You file the claim for damages & compensation by taking a registered POA from Father.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 June 2020

Institute a suit for damages through a local prudent lawyer and "Laugh Loud" as your name suggests..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register